Did you know? Fun Facts about June
June is the start of summertime—flowers are blooming, delicious fruits and vegetables are ready for the picking and longer days allow for more time to be spent out and about.
In fact, June has the longest day hours in the Northern Hemisphere. The longest day, also called the Summer solstice, will take place on Friday, June 21st. On the east coast, the sun will rise at 5:25am and the sun will set at 8:30pm. Here are a few ways to make sure you’re taking full advantage of all the daylight.
1. Plan a picnic dinner
2. Watch the sunrise
3. Start summer resolutions to spend more time outside
4. Watch the sunset and then stay up late and stargaze
5. Bury any negative thoughts
6. Plant flowers
7. Jump in the pool, ocean or lake
8. Celebrate the day with friends and family by your side
Since June is the month to get outside and enjoy nature and sunshine, it’s the perfect month to celebrate World Environment Day. It’s a day to encourage worldwide responsiveness for preserving and improving the environment. On June 5th, World Environment Day will be hosted by China with the theme of “Air Pollution”. You can do your part by:
1. Using public transportation, car sharing, cycling or walking
2. Turn off the car engine while stationary
3. Compost organic food items and recycle non-organic trash
4. Switch to high-efficiency home heating systems
5. Turn off lights and electronics when not in use
6. Use non-toxic paints
7. Use reusable grocery bags
Have a happy and fun summer!
< Go Back